Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday -- Classic vs. Trendy


I put these two sets together to show you how easy it is to take a Classic ensemble and turn it into Trendy wear!
Its super easy and fun. Each season, just recycle your favorite basics. Use strong core items and combine it with "new trend-infused items to create highly individualistic ensembles that show off [your] personal taste"!!! (WhoWhatWear)
Mixing in current trendy items whether it be thirfty thrills or ridiculous splurges.
In my example, I used the magenta "freakum" dress as my core piece. In the Classic look, I paired the dress with nude pumps, blazer, diamond earrings and a lovely Chanel purse. Then, in my Trendy look, I freshened things up by switching out the blazer for a studded leather badass jacket! Traded in the goody (almost boring) look for instant style with a mixed chain necklace, strappy heels and a FIERCE McQUEEN clutch (Lord, have mercy!!!! hahahah)

2 comments:

  1. I would wear both looks! =) Great post sweetie! xo T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!

    Thank you Sarah to stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete